RMS has been engaged by the Department of Transport and Main Roads to undertake Safety Improvements along the Bruce Highway.
If you are travelling between Inkerman and Alligator Creek during July and August 2017, you may spot RMS crews undertaking construction safety improvements at 9 various sites. We will be undertaking:
- Clearing and grubbing;
- Demolition and reinstatement of culverts;
- Earthworks (preparation, excavation, embankment, subgrade and backfill);
- Unbound pavements, In situ stabilised pavements using foamed bitumen, Plant-mixed stabilised pavements, Sprayed bituminous surfacing;
- Removal, and re-erection of road furniture, installation of new road furniture;
- Line marking and audio tactile markers;
- Hydro mulching / seeding; and
- Safety and environmental management strategies.
Project Boundary: Burdekin Shire Council and Townsville City Council.
Asset Name: Bruce Highway 10K (Bowen to Ayr) and Bruce Highway 10L (Ayr to Townsville).
Locations: 10K Chainage 84940 to 106732 (in sections) and 10L Chainage 7718 to 66909 (in sections).
Sites 1 to 4 (Ch. 84940 to 106132 – in sections) are located South of the township of Ayr on the Bruce Highway.
Sites 5 to 9 (Ch. 7718 to 66909 – in sections) are located North of Ayr, between Ayr and Townsville on the Bruce Highway.
Removal of bollards & trees Culvert demolition & replacement
Road widening Relocation of signage