RMS has successfully been awarded to carry out further Safety Works on the Bruce Highway for the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
RMS crews will be working between Townsville and Innisfail over the next 4 months at 30 sites along the Bruce Highway. We will be undertaking:
- Concrete apron extension
- Extension of a culvert
- Guardrail installation
- Linemarking and audio tactile markers
- Removal and re-erection of road furniture and installation of new road furniture
- Unbound pavements, plant-mixed stabilised pavements, and sprayed bituminous surfacing
- Hydro-mulching and seeding
- Safety and environmental management strategies
Project Boundary: Townsville City Council to Hinchinbrook.
Asset Name: Bruce Highway (10M Townsville-Ingham) and (10N Ingham-Innisfail)
- 10M Chainage 6.02 to Chainage 103.43 (Sections 1-25) and
- 10N Chainage 0.00 to 14.60 (25-30 sections).