Emergency infrastructure maintenance project in Tibar East Timor.
Over 200local personnel gained valuable experience in the construction of protection works on this emergency project. RMS used this project to train local supervisors in modern construction techniques.
- Clearing of 45km of drains
- Removal of 12,000m3 of slip material
- Installation of 400m3 gabion baskets
- Construction of over 300m of masonry wall
- Repair to 400m sea wall
- Repair of Gleno Bridge abutments
- Placement of 500m3 armour rock protection to sea wall
- Employment of over 200 East Timorese plant operators, supervisors and labourers
Details & Contact
Duration: December 2000 – June 2001
Client: Asian Development Bank
Contact: Richard Phelps